Auchinleck Talbot v Bonnyton Thistle



McCracken tries to get his foot to the ball and clear the danger.


With a break in the game, ‘Big Neily’ dishes out advice and information to his team-mates.


Both players show off their Matrix style moves in order to win the ball.


McPherson goes galloping up the park with the ball.


‘Gee’ tries to fire the ball up the wing but the way through gets blocked.


A fine collection of ‘heeds’ in this Black ‘n’ gold wall.


Graham Wilson finds himself in acres of space inside the box and fires a shot at goal but fails to find the back of the net.


With both Samson and McCracken waiting to pounce, the Bonnyton ‘keeper does brilliantly to get fingertips to the ball and prod it away from the danger.


The ‘keeper gathers the ball before Samson can get a foot to it.


Glasgow gets the ball and goes on the attack down the middle of the park.


WHAT-A-CHANCE!!! Keir Samson sends a powerful header towards goal from close range but fails to score, as the ‘keeper pulls off a great save.


BREAKTHROUGH!!! Talbot finally open the scoring, as Jamie Glasgow’s cross-come-shot sails over the ‘keeper and smashing into the back of the net. 1-0.


It’s high fives for Glasgow after scoring, as Mr Paterson shows his delight too.


While going on the attack, Samson gets bundled over by his opponent.


New boy, Michael Wardrope, does his best to get another Talbot attack motoring.


TALBOT DOUBLE THIER LEAD!!! ‘Gee’ keeps a cool head in front of goal, rounds the ‘keeper and slots the ball home. 2-0.


Graham Wilson celebrates with Boylan, while the Bonnyton ‘keeper looks to the ground.


I think ‘Shankers’ is having a great time being back in the thick of the action after being out due to injury.


GAME, SET & MATCH!!! Talbot make sure of the win, as Shankland fires a low shot past the ‘keeper and into the bottom corner of the net. 3-0.


‘Shankers’ is all smiles after scoring during his comeback from injury.


Joy all round, as the players continue celebrating Shankland’s goal.


CHANCE!!! Boylan goes for the spectacular inside the box but fails to score.


Boylan does his best ‘Esther Rantzen’ impression, as he rues a missed opportunity.


Final chance of the game falls to Boylan but although he slots it past the ‘keeper, he is deemed to have been offside.



Talbot climbed to the top of the table after defeating Bonnyton Thistle at a sunny Beechwood with results elsewhere going Talbot’s way.

The Bot nearly got off to a flying start when Graham Wilson’s shot just cleared the crossbar in the 2nd minute.

Down the other end Gilroy had a half chance for the visitors when he got in behind the defence but took a heavy 1st touch and could only fire well wide of goal.

Four minutes in and Talbot came close again. Samson hit the bye line on the right of the area before pulling it back for Wardrope whose shot slid just wide of the right post.

The visitors had to make an early change in the 7th minute when Gilroy limped off to be replaced by Abhorh.

Talbot’s next effort came in the 10th minute. A loose clearance cannoned off Glasgow who burst through the defence but stabbed his shot past the left post.

Bonnyton put together a nice move in the 21st minute as they worked it right to left to find Gardiner haring down the left of the penalty area. He tried to square it across goal but it was blocked behind for the corner.

Three minutes later the visitors had a half chance when Leitch’s long ball was headed on into the path of McColm and he hit it first time into the side-netting.

Bonnyton were having a good spell and had a chance to test Leishman in the 26th minute when Davidson was fouled just outside the area. Davidson took the free kick himself but lifted it way over the bar.

Bonnyton were now forced into a 2nd injury related substitution with Wilson coming on for Smith.

Talbot did have the ball in the net on the 29th minute but the goal didn’t stand. Glasgow cut in off the left and his curling shot was parried by the keeper. The rebound came to Wardrope who rifled a shot off the right hand post and when it came back out Graham Wilson turned it home but the assistant ref had his flag raised.

Leishman didn’t have the busiest of afternoons but was called upon in the 31st minute when Davidson found the target from 25 yards forcing Andy to dive to his right to smother it.

In the 39th minute Talbot won a free kick in a dangerous area after Samson had his heels clipped outside the box. Wardrope’s low drive was parried away at his right post by Leitch and the ball came out to Aiden Wilson whose ball back across the face was turned behind for a corner.

Talbot ended the half on the front foot. As it moved into added time Samson gathered on the left of the area and tested the keeper with a shot from a tight angle that Leitch saved with his outstretched leg. It came out to Graham Wilson who hooked a good shot on target that Leitch turned past his right post. Talbot forced a flurry of consecutive corners but couldn’t make them count and the sides went in goal less at the interval.

From the outset Talbot looked to have stepped it up a gear for the 2nd half. Within a minute Wardrope dummied Armstrong’s through ball to create space for Stafford on the overlap and his low ball in was held by Leitch at his near post.

In the 50th minute a ball down the right found Graham Wilson and he crossed it early into the centre where Samson just failed to connect with an attempted scissors kick.

A minute later Glasgow burst forward before releasing it wide to find Healy who lifted a good cross into the centre that Walsh managed to head to safety.

It was all Talbot and the next chance came in the 55th minute when Glasgow sent Aiden Wilson free on the overlap and his cross was met by Samson who saw his header tipped over the bar.

From the resultant corner Graham Wilson’s head flick was cleared off the line by Kelly.

Talbot looked to be denied a stonewall penalty in the 59th minute. Armstrong headed the ball on down the right to find Glasgow inside the penalty area. He was taken out by a clumsy challenge but the referee waved away Talbot’s appeals and McCracken ended up in the book for dissent.

In the 62nd minute Talbot’s pressure paid off though the opener had a slice of fortune about it. Leishman sent the ball out to Aiden Wilson who pinged it down the line to find JAMIE GLASGOW who cut back onto his right foot and curled over a cross from the left touchline that deceived Leitch and curled into the far corner of the net.

Four minutes later Talbot came close again with an action replay of the 1st goal. This time the Bot were awarded a free kick out wide on the left which Wardrope bent just wide of the far post.

Talbot now made their 1st change with Boylan on in place of Glasgow.

In the 70th minute Talbot won a free kick just outside the penalty area when Walsh upended Samson for which he received a caution. Wardrope lifted it beyond the far post where McCracken headed it back across goal and Graham Wilson fired a shot off the bar but the linesman’s flag was raised for offside.

The visitors now made their final change with Allan on for Jenkins.

The game was over as a contest in the 74th minute when Talbot doubled their lead. Wardrope fired on target from 20 yards, Leitch failed to hold it and GRAHAM WILSON pounced to turn the rebound home.

Tucker now immediately made a double switch with Samson and Graham Wilson making way for Shankland and Mason.

The two subs were involved in Talbot’s 3rd goal in the 79th minute. Mason did well to close down Wallace inside his own area and block his clearance. It spun up high in the air and when it dropped down Mason cut it back into the path of MARK SHANKLAND who buried it low inside the right hand post.

In the 82nd minute Talbot won a free kick at the left edge of the penalty area following a foul on Boylan. Shankland curled it over the wall but it flew just wide of the right post into the side-netting.

With 4 minutes remaining Armstrong found Boylan breaking down the right. He lifted it over Gardiner and ran round him before firing it just over the bar on the half volley.

In the final minute of regulation time Robertson almost nabbed a consolation effort when he gathered on the left of the area and tried to curl it inside the far post but his effort went just wide.

Just as they had in the 1st half Talbot ended strongly and nearly added a fourth when Wardrope’s deep cross from the left looked to be heading in but Leitch just managed to tip it over and despite piling on late pressure Talbot couldn’t add to their tally.

A strong 2nd half performance from Talbot who now have a week off from league duties as next Saturday they host Pollok in the South Challenge cup.

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Stafford, Aiden Wilson, McPherson, Craig McCracken, Armstrong, Healy, Wardrope, Graham Wilson, Samson, Glasgow

Subs – Boylan, Mason, Hyslop, Shankland, Robbie McCracken, Crawford

Bonnyton Thistle – Leitch, Wallace, Gardiner, Robertson, Walsh, Smith, Jenkins, Kelly, Gilroy, Davidson, McColm

Subs – Allan, Abhorh, Walker, Hannah, Wilson



Date Time Competition Season
March 27, 2022 09:38 PDM BUILDBASE WOSL PREMIER 2021/22


Team1st Half2nd HalfGoals
Auchinleck Talbot033
Bonnyton Thistle000

Auchinleck Talbot

# Player Position Goals Assists YC RC
8Michael WardropeMidfielder0000
12Bryan Boylan 11Forward0000
7Kieran HealyMidfielder0000
2Chris StaffordDefender0000
6Gareth ArmstrongDefender0000
3Aiden WilsonDefender0000
9Graham Wilson 14Forward1000
10Keir Samson 15Forward0000
14Mark Shankland 9Forward1000
1Andrew LeishmanGoalkeeper0000
15Aaron Mason 10Midfielder0100
4Neill McPhersonDefender0000
5Craig McCrackenDefender0010
 Total 2110

Bonnyton Thistle

Position Goals Assists YC RC


Beechwood Park
8 Beechwood Ave, Auchinleck, Cumnock, East Ayrshire KA18 2AP, UK

League Table