Auchinleck Talbot Football Club aims to create and maintain an environment where spectators can enjoy the game of football, safe in the knowledge that they are free from all forms of harassment, abuse, unacceptable or disorderly conduct.
This document is designed to describe Auchinleck Talbot Football Club’s policy on unacceptable conduct, which applies for any football matches or events within Beechwood Park, Auchinleck, or at any away ground fixtures.
Unacceptable conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly. Conduct is violent where there is:
- Actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against a person or persons.
- Intentional damage to property.
Disorderly conduct involves any activity which stirs up or sustains, or is likely, or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:
- Colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin
- Membership or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived religious affiliation
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender identity
- Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct both verbal and non-verbal
- Displaying writing or any other item which is threatening, abusive or insulting.
Auchinleck Talbot Football Club condemns racism in any form, either on or off the pitch. We aim to create and maintain a working and spectating environment free from racial harassment and abuse. Everyone connected with Auchinleck Talbot Football Club has a responsibility to prevent racial harassment or abuse.
A racist incident is defined as any incident that is perceived to be racist by the victim, or any other person. Racial harassment is defined by Auchinleck Talbot Football Club to be any verbal, physical, written or visible abuse that is based on a person’s race, ethnic background, colour, nationality, language or cultural background – and is considered to be unwanted, unacceptable and offensive to the person.
Proven racial harassment or abuse will lead to action being taken against spectators and will be reported to the police and may result in a life ban from Auchinleck Talbot Football Club. The club will give their full support to the police in any criminal actions.
All committee members, players and servants of the club have a responsibility to make it clear that such behaviour by any is unacceptable.
Supporters should also note that racist taunts and abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated by the club and will be encouraged to condemn and report such behaviour.
Any supporters (home or visiting) behaving in this way will face eviction from the ground and their actions will be reported to the police.
Auchinleck Talbot FC fully supports the Show Racism the Red Card Campaign, details of which can be found at www.srtrc.org.
Scottish football fans have earned a word wide reputation for their enthusiastic and good-natured support of the national team. While most fans follow club football in a responsible way, there are occasions where individuals are intent on causing trouble, using football as an excuse for bigoted and unacceptable behaviour.
By working together to remove bigotry from out football grounds we can demonstrate that Scottish football fans and in particular Auchinleck Talbot Football club supporters:
- Respect people of all backgrounds and celebrate the multicultural society that Scotland has become in the 21st Century.
- Want their football clubs, and the support for their clubs, to reflect the diversity of modern Scottish society.
- Are as passionate about their football clubs as they are about their national team.
ANY PERSON ENGAGING IN UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT MAY BE SUBJECT TO ANY, OR A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Removal from Beechwood Park or away stadium.
- Suspension from attending home matches involving Auchinleck Talbot Football Club.
- Indefinite ban from attending home matches involving Auchinleck Talbot Football Club.
- Suspension or ban from the Auchinleck Talbot Football Club committee.
- Suspension or ban as a Player or Coach from the Auchinleck Talbot Football Club
- Report to the police and possible criminal proceedings.
We would encourage everyone to bring to the club’s attention, any incident or behaviour, of individuals or groups of individuals, deemed to be in breach of this policy.
Whilst it is appreciated that behaviour such as that listed above involves the minority of individuals, we wish to maintain the highest standard on and off the field of play, ensuring that the name Auchinleck Talbot Football Club is associated with good and sporting behaviour at all times.
Auchinleck Talbot Football Club has made this policy available on the club’s official website and keeps this policy under review, with additions or amendments made where deemed appropriate by the club, or under the advice of governing bodies, Police or other relevant body.