Kinnoul v Auchinleck Talbot



Talbot cruised into the next round of the Scottish Cup winth a resounding 8-2 victory over Perth minnows Kinnoull. Even though the game was blighted with torrential rain a decent crowd had turned up at Tulloch Park and with the pitch getting the thumbs up after a 9 am inspection the scene was set for the Junior games equivalent of a David and Goliath fixture.
It took Talbot just 9 minutes to get themselves on the scoresheet when Mark Shankland robbed a defender to set up Bryan Young who fashioned some space after some nifty footwork before whipping in a wicked cross which was nodded past the keeper by the unmarked Graham Wilson.
Two minutes later it was 2-0 when Graham Wilson slid the ball past the keeper after Bryan Young once again turned provider when he picked up a long ball from Gordon Pope and hit a low cross in front of Wilson who made no mistake.
The home side after the initial Talbot “blitzkrieg” seemed to have steadied at the back but in was short lived when persistent pressure by Talbot saw the home side down 3-0 after Shankland and Young worked a short corner and Young’s cross was toe-poked through the keepers legs by Gordon Pope after the Kinnoull defence failed to clear..
Mark Shankland got on the scoresheet on 28 minutes when a GrahamWilson made a driving run into the box wand his pin point cross into the box was picked up by Hyslop who passed into the path of “Shankers” and he rifled the ball into the net.
Just before the interval Graham Wilson made it 5-0 when he poked the ball into the net after a crafty 1-2 with Paul Hyslop.The relief on the home sides players faces showed signs of shell shock a they had come to terms that they could be on a hiding of epic proportions.
Kinnoull to their credit came out for the second half with a gung-ho attitude and got the first of their consolation goals a quarter of an hour after the interval when Andy Leishman rolled a ball to Steven White but he misread the speed of the ball and was forced to make a block with his legs where the loose ball landed at the feet of Jamie Gill who passed the ball into the net from 20 yards to make it 5-1.
Talbot made it 6-1 when Gordon Pope went on a mazy run into the box where picked out Hyslop he found Lee Cochrane at the edge of the box and his cross was bicycle kicked over the keepers head by Graham Wilson to give the striker his hat trick. With the game coming to an end Lee Cochrane worked a bit of magic at the home side bye line where he left his marker for dead and his low cross was flicked into the net By Dwayne Hyslop
Kinoull pulled a goal back when the referee adjudged that Steven White had pulled down a player in the box, and although it seemed soft the big Kinnoull substitute Steven Harris made no mistake from the spot.
With time running out the scoring was finished by Hyslop when he was left unmarked to head a David Gillies cross into the net. I was a result that was expected and it was a good display on a rain sodden pitch in terrible conditions.



Date Time Competition Season
November 28, 2015 13:45 SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP 2015/16


Team1st Half2nd HalfGoals
Auchinleck Talbot538


Position Goals Assists YC RC

Auchinleck Talbot

# Player Position Goals Assists YC RC
9Graham WilsonForward3000
10Mark Shankland 14Forward1000
1Andrew LeishmanGoalkeeper0000
 Total 4000



League Table