Auchinleck Talbot v Yoker Athletic




































































































Auchinleck Talbot v Hurlford United

Auchinleck Talbot boss Tucker
 Sloan won his sixth Junior Cup – and his 25th trophy as club manager – in the most dramatic of fashions at Rugby Park last night. Trailing at the end of 90 minutes, his cup specialists scored twice in time added on to win the old trophy for the 12th time in the club’s history.

As another multi-trophy-winning manager might have said: “Football, bloody hell.” Sloan, however, could only say: “Wow! I thought we had lost it, but we found a way to win and I have never been involved in as dramatic a finish.”Even in victory, he had time for his former team-mate Darren Henderson, the Hurlford manager, who admitted: “I am still scratching my head as to how we lost that. But, fair play to Talbot, they have done this before to better teams than us and, if you cannot defend crosses, you lose.“I could not have asked for more from my players but this is the biggest kick in the teeth I’ve ever had. We are a small club but we gave the best a real game today.”As Sloan admitted, in the first half, United had bullied Talbot, going in front in four minutes after Ross Robertson – as he did in 2014 – won then converted a penalty. It was all Hurlford thereafter but, in 37 minutes, Talbot levelled when Gordon Pope’s deep free-kick was dinked back into the danger zone by Stephen Wilson for an unmarked Dwayne Hyslop to head home.Indeed, Talbot, having barely been in the game, might have led at the break but a Graham Wilson header was cleared off the line.In 54 minutes, Talbot’s Jamie Glasgow ran 50 metres but, with Graham Wilson unmarked and screaming or the square pass, he shot and the chance was lost. Wilson was clearly unhappy as he berated his team-mate.“We had started the second half well and maybe if we had scored then it might have been easier. However, credit to Hurlford, they made us work for it,” said Sloan.That missed chance seemed to come back and bite Talbot in 63 minutes when, with a handful of players waiting for a whistle which never came, Paul McKenzie kept playing, gathering the loose ball to drive past Pope and fire Hurlford back in front.Thereafter, Talbot appeared to run out of ideas before Sloan went to his bench and the inspired introduction of Mark Shankland and Gareth Armstrong. The changes took some time to work but, as the match moved into time added-on, they struck.Shankland’s corner from the left was nodded home by Graham Wilson and, from nowhere, Talbot had a lifeline. And how they grasped it.Time ticked on into the third added minute and Talbot won themselves another corner, this time from the right-hand side. Again, Shankland’s delivery was spot-on and the other substitute, Craig McCracken, pictured inset, rose to head home what, two minutes before, 
had seemed the least likely of winners, to take the cup to Auchinleck for the 12th time.As veteran football writers in the press box were only too ready to tell their younger colleagues, that’s what Talbot do in the Scottish: they find a way to win the thing and they keep on doing it.Shankland certainly did his bit – he had to, having been in the shadow of brother Stephen, who was a member of the Scottish Amateur Cup-winning Shortless team just a couple of weeks ago.But that’s the Talbot way. When it comes to the Scottish Junior Cup, nobody does it 


Photographs by Paul Flynn.

Auchinleck Talbot v Glenafton Athletic

Picture 1.


Picture 2.
Picture 3.
Picture 4.
Picture 5.
Picture 6.
Picture 7.
Picture 8.
Picture 9.
Picture 10.
Picture 11.
Picture 12.
Picture 13.
Picture 14.
Picture 15.
Picture 16.
Picture 17.
Picture 18.
Picture 19.
Picture 20.
Picture 21.
Picture 22.
Picture 23.
Picture 24.
Picture 25.
Picture 26.
Picture 27.
Picture 28.
Picture 29.
Picture 30.
Picture 31.
Picture 32.
Picture 33.
Picture 34.
Picture 35.
Picture 36.
Picture 37.
Picture 38.
Picture 39.
Picture 40.
Picture 41.
Picture 42.
Picture 43.
Picture 44.
Picture 45.
Picture 46 – Talbot Goal. 1-0.
Picture 47.
Picture 48.
Picture 49.
Picture 50.
Picture 51.
Picture 52.
Picture 53.
Picture 54.
Picture 55 – Glenafton goal. 1-1.
Picture 56.
Picture 57.
Picture 58.
Picture 59.
Picture 60.
Picture 61.
Picture 62.
Picture 63.
Picture 64.
Picture 65.
Picture 66.
Picture 67.
Picture 68.
Picture 69.
Picture 70.
Picture 71 – Glenafton 2nd goal. 1-2.
Picture 72.
Picture 73.
Picture 74.
Picture 75.
Picture 76.
Picture 77.
Picture 78.
Picture 79.
Picture 80.
Picture 81.
Picture 82.
Picture 83. Photographs by Paul Flynn.