Jamie Glasgow

SPONSORED BY:  Unison, Show Racism the Red Card, Leighton McBlain 

JOINED TALBOT: July 2017 – September 2022. REJOINED TALBOT: October 2023

D.O.B: 27/11/1993

TALBOT DEBUT: 02/08/2017 v Glenafton Athletic, League Cup, Home, Lost 1-0

FIRST TALBOT GOAL: v 09/08/2017 v Lugar Boswell Thistle, League Cup, Away, Won 5-0

FORMER TEAMS: Darvel, Auchinleck Talbot, Camelon, East Stirling

All Stats Archive

Darvel v Auchinleck Talbot

Hurlford United v Auchinleck Talbot

Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot

Beith Juniors v Auchinleck Talbot

Glenafton Athletic v Auchinleck Talbot

Auchinleck Talbot v Clydebank

Largs Thistle v Auchinleck Talbot


Talbot never really got going and can have no real complaints over the result as they went down by a single goal to Largs at Barrfields.

The opening exchanges were high on effort and low on chances with neither keeper being called upon.

Talbot’s first opportunity came in the 17th minute. Smith gathered on the left of the area and slid it wide to Taylor whose cross to the back post was headed wide by Boyle.

A minute later Largs came close to taking the lead. A ball through the heart of the defence found Sewell racing in on goal and he fired over the bar under pressure from Stafford.

Aiden Wilson had his name taken in the 24th minute when McLeod’s point-blank ball hit off his arm.

In the 28th minute a keeper was finally called upon when Smith laid the ball off into the path of Taylor on the left of the penalty area and his low drive was spilled by McGowan before being cleared.

Largs then raced to the other end and took the lead with a well-worked counter-attack. Faulds got free down the left and cut a low ball across the penalty area that landed at the feet of MCGRATH who side-footed home.

The home side should have doubled their lead in the 34th minute. A ball slid through the centre found Sewell through one on one with the keeper but Andy was quickly off his line to make the block.

A couple of minutes later Samson picked up a caution for a foul out wide on the left.

A minute from the interval Taylor became the 3rd Talbot player in the book when he received a caution for an aerial challenge on Hughes.

Largs ended the half on the ascendancy as Faulds skipped past Crawford and fired over a dangerous cross that McPherson dived to head behind but nothing came of the corner and the half ended with Largs a goal to the good.

The 2nd half opened as scrappily as the 1st had started with neither side making any in roads. In the 54th minute Talbot won a free kick out wide on the right following a shove on Smith. Ballantyne took it and delivered an inch perfect cross that was met by Samson who saw his header well-saved by McGowan to his left and when Taylor tried to force in the rebound the defence managed to block.

Two minutes later Talbot had a half chance when Crawford’s ball found Samson down the right. He lifted it across beyond the far post where Wilson volleyed it wide.

Action then switched to the other end where Largs nearly added another. Sewell got free on the right of the area and drilled it low across the 6-yard area where Faulds bundled it wide of the near post.

Talbot now made a double switch with Lennox & Ballantyne making way for Armstrong & Wardrope.

Largs had a chance to kill the game off in the 62nd minute. Armstrong’s clearance from the left-back area was intercepted and squared across to Davidson in space just outside the area but he sent his shot just wide of the left post.

Five minutes later and Largs again came close. A shy from the left wasn’t dealt with and found its way to Sewell whose acrobatic effort was palmed over the bar by Leishman.

Twenty minutes from time Talbot made another double change with Samson & Smith making way for Boylan & Mason.

Talbot’s next attack saw Taylor pace away down the right but his final ball across goal was well cut out as a defender slid in to put it behind for the corner.

The closing 10 minutes saw Talbot huff and puff but without really looking like breaching the Largs defence. In the closing minutes Davidson picked up a late caution for a foul on Wilson and minutes later it was all over.

It’s only a short break for the Bot who are next in action on Friday night when they face Clydebank at Meadow park in the West of Scotland final.

Largs Thistle – McGowan, McLeod, Devine, Hughes, McCreath, Faulds, Martin, Davidson, Sewell, Ramsay, McGrath

Subs – Adam, McMaster, Tennent, Nimmo, Forbes, Walker

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Crawford, Wilson, McPherson, Stafford, Boyle, Ballantyne, Lennox, Samson, Smith, Taylor

Subs – Mason, Boylan, Park, Armstrong, Wardrope

Auchinleck Talbot v Arthurlie


Talbot made it 3 wins on the spin with two 2nd half goals seeing off Arthurlie in Talbot’s last home game of the season.

With Arthurlie fighting the drop there was plenty of effort on display but a lack of quality in the final third meant that neither goalie was seriously tested in the opening spell.

In the 23rd minute a headed clearance from a Lie free kick landed at the feet of Leyden in space 25 yards out but he fired well-wide of goal and a minute later at the other end Wardrope comfortably cleared the crossbar when he met Smith’s square ball 20 yards out.

The first effort on target came in the 31st minute and produced a top save from Scott to deny Talbot the lead. A shy from the left found Smith inside the area and his shot was heading into the roof of the net til Scott tipped it over the bar.

From the resultant corner Talbot came close again. Lie fielded the initial corner but when the ball came back in a 2nd time from the right it found Samson whose low drive was turned away by Scott’s outstretched leg. Talbot kept the pressure up and a cross to the far post found Wilson but his header went straight at the keeper.

Arthurlie had a chance in the 35th minute. Armstrong bundled Kerr over just outside the area and Leyden drilled the free kick just wide of the left hand post.

Four minutes later the visitors had another chance. Kerr used his pace to get wide of Stafford and hit a cross cum shot into the centre that Leishman blocked at the near post before it was cleared.

Arthurlie finished the half on the front foot but without looking like scoring and the sides went in goal less at the break.

Talbot were caught day dreaming right after the re-start when a ball in behind freed McGregor on the right. He squared it in to Carroll who spurned a great chance to take the lead – taking a fresh air swipe at it.

A minute later Stafford received a yellow card down the other end for throwing the ball away after he disputed the linesman awarding Arthurlie a shy.

Talbot threatened the Lie goal in the 48th minute after Smith forced a corner down the right. When it came in McCracken headed it across the area where it came to Wardrope whose cross just eluded Smith at the left post.

The game became scrappier the longer the half wore on and in the 68th minute Talbot made a triple substitution with Mason, Park & Wardrope making way for Taylor, Lennox & Boyle.

The changes paid off in short order as Talbot took the lead in the 70th minute. Lennox was fouled just wide of the box on the right and Taylor whipped the free kick across goal to the back post. The defence managed to head it clear but only into the path of ROSS SMITH who drilled a low shot past Scott from 16 yards.

Talbot now made a further change with Ballantyne on for Wilson.

In the 74th minute McGregor fired a good cross over from the right towards Carroll in the centre but McCracken did just enough to deflect it away before Stafford completed the clearance.

Talbot doubled their lead in the 76th minute. Taylor’s header sent Samson racing free on the left where he won a corner. Taylor took it and delivered it at pace into the near post where GARETH ARMSTRONG powered a header home.

Arthurlie now made a double switch with Smith & Miller coming on for Carroll & Warnock.

Talbot threatened a 3rd in the 77th minute. Taylor played a good ball in behind the defence to find Samson speeding down the right side of the penalty area but a defender managed to block his shot behind for a corner. Arthurlie couldn’t clear the 1st corner and were forced to concede a 2nd. When this one came in Lennox laid it out right to Taylor who planted a cross right onto the head of the unmarked McCracken who atypically failed to hit the target – heading well wide of goal.

Seven minutes from time Talbot made their final change with Crawford coming on for Stafford.

Deep into added time Arthurlie came close to grabbing a consolation effort. A ball out right found Miller in space and he squared it into McGregor whose low shot was turned round the left post by Leishman. When the corner came over Roulston met it but steered his header over the bar.

Next up for Talbot it’s a Tuesday evening trip through to face Largs before Friday night’s cup final against Clydebank.

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Stafford, Aiden Wilson, McPherson, McCracken, Armstrong, Wardrope, Park, Samson, Smith, Mason

Subs – Taylor, Boyle, Lennox, Ballantyne, Crawford, Fisher

Arthurlie – Scott, Bilham, Kerr, Roulston, Jeanes, Magee, McGregor, Leyden, Carroll, Warnock, MacNeil

Subs – McLachlan, Pearce, Simeon, Strain, Smith, Miller, Nolan


Talbot v Arthurlie – Man Of The Match Awards

Ross Smith received all five sponsors’ Man of the Match awards. Ross opened the scoring and was a constant threat throughout the match with his movement and hold up play.

Old Crocks – presented by Cammy Torrance.



















Riverside Inn Lads, Newmilns – presented by Matt Barrow.













Mauchline BC – presented by Liz Watson.














Loons Supporters Club – presented by Lex O’Hara (Kitty Custodian).












Ex Players MOM award – presented by Kevin Hitchell.












Match Ball Sponsor – Emerald Contracts.







Dennis Gray our record goal scorer presented Graham Wilson with a gift from the ex-players to mark his Testimonial Season.