It’s been three years since the Talbot and Penicuik locked horns for the The Adam Montgomery/Barony Colliery Trophy with the Beechwood side the current holders. The friendly has lost out to the covid situation in current seasons, but really has been played for in stops and starts since 2008.
The trophy was donated by the late Adam Montgomery who originally came from Ayshire before moving East where he became Labour councillor and provost for Penicuik. He was a Kilmarnock supporter who had a soft spot for the Juniors hence his two favourite teams being Penicuik and Talbot.
Talbot won the first game 6-0 at Penicuik in 2008 with all the goals being scored in the second half, and from then on the pairing of the teams was sporadic, the only game played at Beechwood being a 7-1 win for Talbot in 2013.
The trophy was last played for in 2018 with Talbot winning 4-1, McIntosh putting the Cuikie ahead before Kemp, Waite, Donovan and Shankland got on the scoresheet. Covid saw the trophy resting in the Talbot cabinet until this recent re-match.
The match will be refereed by Calum Haswell and will be joined on the line by Ian Hart and Christopher Costello
ADMISSION CHARGE £4 TO THE ABOVE GAME WILL BE BY TICKET ONLY, GATES OPEN 1.30PM AND CLOSE 2.15 TILL THE END OF THE GAME. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE TO EXIT THE GROUND DURING THE GAME PLEASE CONTACT A STEWARD.
· MAXIMUM 250 TICKETS FOR HOME FANS ONLY
· ON PURCHASE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CONFIRM YOU NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS FOR TRACK & TRACE PURPOSES. SEASON TICKETS NOT VALID ALTHOUGH HOLDERS WILL GAIN AUTOMATIC ENTRY WITH PAYMENT OF ADMISSION CHARGE.
· MATCH TICKET NOT TRANSFERABLE
· ACCESS TO THE GROUND WILL BE AT THE SOCIAL CLUB END
· THE SOCIAL CLUB OPENS AT 12 NOON & WILL BE FOR MEMBERS ONLY. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN IN ON ARRIVAL & IF YOU PLAN TO RETURN AFTER THE GAME YOUR SEAT WILL BE RESERVED TO ALLOW SOCIAL CLUB OFFICIALS CONTROL. BE PATIENT AS EVERYONE ENTERING IS REQUIRED TO SIGN IN. STRICTLY TABLE SERVICE ONLY SO NO NEED TO STAND AT THE BAR. MASKS TO BE WORN ON ENTRY/EXIT/ GOING TO THE TOILET.
· TEA BAR AND MERCHANDISE SHOPS BOTH OPEN
PLEASE OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES