PYRAMID SYSTEM UPDATE – ATFC
Auchinleck Talbot FC has lodged an application with the Lowland League for membership of the proposed new West of Scotland Football League. The Club will also retain membership of the Scottish Junior Football Association enabling our continued participation in the Scottish Junior Cup Competition. We would have preferred to have met with our fans before this action, however due to the current Coronavirus situation this was not possible, we will however make information available as we receive it.
PYRAMID SYSTEM UPDATE
The scheduled meeting last week with Lowland, East of Scotland, South of Scotland and West Region Juniors took place via video conferencing due to current travel and person-to person restrictions in place.
A great deal of common ground was established. The outline of what was agreed is as follows:
- In order to ensure there are a firm record of registration and a database of information for the West of Scotland Football League, the West Junior FA is in agreement that the Lowland League application form should be completed and submitted.
- To give Clubs more time to make these applications under current circumstances, the deadline has been extended to Tuesday 7 April. That will be the last date applications will be accepted.
- Clubs currently members of the Scottish Junior FA are fully entitled to retain membership and, if so, will be eligible to continue to play in The Scottish Junior Cup. The Competition Rules of that Cup will be altered to reflect the need to ensure League Fixtures have priority.
- There is no limit to the number of teams that will be accepted; With regards to compliance of ground criteria guidelines, the Leagues will work with Clubs with the expectation that necessary steps will be made over time.
- The new league will be organised on a Conference basis, with final set up dependant on numbers. The Conferences will be for one season only.
There remains much to do to get the West of Scotland Football League up and running. All parties at the meeting last night are committed to continue to work together, to support the creation of the final piece of the Pyramid feeding into the Lowland League.
Statement Issued by:
George Fraser [Lowland League] John
Greenhorn [East of Scotland League]
Colin Holden [South of Scotland League]
Gordon Ronney [West Region Juniors]