U19’s – Auchinleck Talbot 5-1 Glenafton

Talbot welcomed Glenafton to Auchinleck for Sunday’s league match. The game started at a frantic pace, with the visitors looking the hungrier in the tackle. Talbot took the lead in the 10th minute when a cross to the back post was met by Campbell on the half volley, 1-0. The lead only lasted 3 mins though as a through ball was collected well and put away by the Glens striker. 1-1.

Talbot started to take a grip on the game and were knocking the ball around well and creating chances. They eventually took the lead again when McLean stabbed the ball home on 30 minutes, 2-1. Shortly after came the third goal of the game as a superb pass from Salotti was met first time by Meikle to lob the Glens goalkeeper, 3-1. Into the second half and the game got a bit scrappy, becoming a midfield battle. Talbot started to take control again and on 70 minutes, a good run and pass by McLean was finished off by Meikle for his second and Talbot’s fourth, 4-1. With 10 minutes to go, Talbot were on the attack when the Glens keeper pulled back Meikle which resulted in a penalty. Meikle stepped up to score and complete his hat-trick.


2003 – Prestwick 1-2 Auchinleck Talbot

Talbot went 1-0 down against the run of play after a clearance bounced back off a Talbot player and let Prestwick in to score. Talbot then used the wind to their advantage and left back Logan Murray fired a shot from just into the opposition’s half to make it 1-1. Then Logan made a driving run forward to the edge of the Prestwick box and won a freekick which Michael Kane expertly curled Into the top corner to make it 2-1 at half time.

Into the second half and the Talbot boys were really up against it with a strong wind blowing in their faces. As a result, Talbot were struggling to get up the pitch. The lads all dug deep though and put in a brilliant battling team performance, defending everything Prestwick threw at them with real effort, fight, grit and determination. This got Talbot through a difficult half and away with the 3 points proving they can play but when the need arises scrap for the win as well.

Man of the match was Logan “Joe” Murray.


2006 – It was a bright start byTalbot Tigers before they lost a goal against the play early in the first half against Bellfield Royals. A great equaliser kept it even at halftime. Good linking play with passing the ball to feet kept the pressure on Bellfield at the start of the second half. The pressure resulted in a great goal by Kiain Robb. A couple of end to end breaks caught Tigers at the wrong end of the park to lose two goals. A tiring game for the boys with lots of positives to take forward to training.

Talbot Boswell faced Bellfield Colts. This was a very good game of football to watch and both teams had lots of good possession football. Not much between the teams in the first half and the game remained goalless at halftime. More of the same in the second half and the game could have went either way before TJ Graham broke the deadlock for the Talbot boys with a stunning lob over the keeper. We continued to see a great game of football and Lawrie Smith pulled off one or two tremendous saves to ensure Boswell kept a clean sheet before TJ got his second of the game. Very good performance from both Talbot teams and a lot of positives to take from both games. Worthy of mention is the way Bellfield played the games, fair and with great sportsmanship.


2007 – The boys were at home to Caledonian on Saturday. This was a match between two very good teams. It started off as a midfield battle with Talbot in the ascendancy but just not managing to break through the Caledonian back line. Both sides were cancelling each other out with real battling display’s. The half finished with only a couple of chances for both sides. The defending was excellent.

It was the same story in the second half with neither side really penetrating. It was a battling performance from Talbot who were managing to put some good moves together but we’re limited to few chances as were Caledonian. A couple of excellent opportunities weren’t taken however the play to get into those stations against an excellent and quick Caledonian back line was good. All in all it was an evenly matched game with few scoring opportunities. A display from Talbot which was very pleasing due to the determination applied. Special mention this week goes to Ryan Harte for his aggressive tackling and forward passing, building from the back.


2008 – Blacks – Another wet and wild away day this week in Kilmarnock at Dean Thistle Reds. On days gone by this fixture has always been quite a close encounter. From the very first whistle Talbot looked like a team on a mission. High pressing, sharp movement and a high pass completion rate. Well worked possession, playing out of tight areas and spacial awareness from the team allowed Talbot to create plenty of chances. They were able to convert a number of these chances along with a couple of spectacular efforts left Talbot dominating the match. Dean put on an extra player in the second half however Talbot continued in the same form passing, moving, keeping hold of the ball and working hard to retrieve the ball when lost. Dean Thistle managed to score a couple of goals with the extra man, but on the day Talbot put in a magnificent performance. This weeks man of the match was awarded to Callan Robertson who has brought into the last couple of games what has been asked of him at training. Holding the ball up well, linking up with the wingers, chance creation and good finishing. Keep up the good work.

Golds – Talbot went into the match agains Dean Thistle off the back of a few excellent performances without getting the rewards they had deserved. On Sunday, things went in their favour. A blistering start to the game saw Talbot have five shots in the first minute. It was clear to see the confidence oozing throughout the team. A heavy spell of dominance paid off as the goals begin to come with Talbot completely dominating. Dean thistle had a late spell of possession towards the end of the half but were unable to capitalise. The second half started the same as the first for the Talbot as they piled on the pressure testing the Dean Thistle goalkeeper on almost every attack they had in another strong spell of dominance from Talbot. Dean Thistle didn’t give up though as they kept fighting throughout the game, forcing Connor Blackmore in the Talbot goal into a few brilliant saves. Talbot were to be strong until the end though and another dominant period followed. A fantastic performance from the team in a match where plenty more goals could have been scored. Man of The Match was Rory Austin for an outstanding performance in front of goal and excellent teamwork and work rate throughout the game, full of confidence and willingness to beat his man.


2009 – Blacks- There were four tough games at Prestwick on Sunday but the boys showed they are more than capable of holding their own against any opposition. Some nice fluent passing moves with the boys showing they are starting to understand the game more and more each week. There was also some nice individual displays none more so than Ryan Hodge who’s workrate mixed with great techinical ability on the ball is a joy to watch.

Tigers – It was a slow start from the boys, with the opposition teams high pressing, the boys struggled to get going but settled into games showing some nice play out from the back leading to a few goals for the team. Determination was needed in each game to see them through and no one showed this more than Daryell Underwood who always gives 100 percent in effort and energy.


2010 – Talbot took three teams to Greenwood Academy on Sunday and again all three teams did very well. Each played 5 games and with each team being more than competitive in all of them. They scored loads of goals against a variety of opponents. The passing and teamwork has certainly improved which is a great achievement as they have only been going to these games for a month. You can see real progress from every player aswell which makes it all worthwhile. Everyone is really enjoying their football and are looking forward to the next games.


2011 – Three Talbot teams played at the fun 4’s at Greenwood Academy on Sunday morning. There was a mix up with times, with Talbot being there an hour early. The kids had a good hours warm up that seemed to do the trick lol. All the teams barely conceded any goals in the 15 games between them against some good quality teams. They are now playing with confidence and belief in each others abilitys and strengths and with some cracking individual goals thrown in. It’s all coming together week by week as they start to produce quick flowing moves and scoring plenty of goals. Once again the kids did their parents, coaches and club proud.