Talbot youth Academy Reports

U19’s Bonnyton 2 Auchinleck Talbot 4

Talbot were away to Bonnyton in the Scottish Cup first round in wet and windy conditions. Bonnyton started the game quicker and took an early lead. Talbot grew into the game and started to pin Bonnyton into their own half. The equaliser came from a free kick into the box that a Bonnyton defender put past his own keeper.

Talbot then took control and added goals from Campbell and another OG to lead 3-1 at half time. Talbot continued to dominate the second half without adding to the scoring. Talbot GK Rooney produced a great save to keep it at 3-1, but Bonnyton scored from the resulting corner, 3-2.

Bonnyton finished the stronger, and were doing everything to send the game into extra time, but in injury time Speirs broke away to make it 4-2 and win the game, and seal a trip to Troon Thistle in round two.


2003 – Free week


2006 – Both teams were at home against Dreghorn. Tigers faced Dreghorn BC. The first half went really well with some determined play from our boys and we finished at half time deservedly a goal to the good. The second half didn’t start quite so well and we found that instead of Dreghorn coaches taking their turn to referee the game, the boys were doing it themselves. Talbot lost a very poor penalty decision made by the Dreghorn boys which turned a very good and determined game of football into an ill tempered affair. The

game finished level which was a fair result and happy to see our boys can get stuck in when things get tough.

Ugly side of boy’s football for this game but our boys conducted themselves well.

Talbot Boswell were up against it from the off against a strong Dreghorn 2006 team whose central midfielder controlled the game. Tigers marked him closely but Dregorn dominated with sharp passing which tired a chasing Boswell. Boswell showed their capability towards the end of the first half with crisp passes opening up the Dreghorn defence but to no success. Boswell were kept in it a number of times by great saves by the keeper. Fitness and passing remain our focus during training for next week.


2007 – Game postponed away at Girvan due to a waterlogged pitch.


2008 – Blacks v Dean Thistle. The team were looking to build on the momentum from last week’s positive result against a strong Caledonian team. Talbot dominated from start to finish, kept possession well, played very good football at times and were rewarded with goals for their efforts. Special mention to Evan Bishop, he moved the ball about well, got his name on scoresheet, kept his work rate up for the full duration of the game and lead by example as captain for the day.

Yellow V Dean Thistle. A fast start to the game saw Talbot take control of the first 15 minutes, attacking from the beginning but couldn’t capitalise on their dominance. Dean Thistle then took hold of the half and never looked back. Dominating the rest of the half and taking their chances. In the second half a different Talbot team showed up. More fight and determination gave Talbot that push to dominate in the second half as they piled on the pressure getting plenty of shots off but couldn’t capitalise and were unfortunate in the

end.  Special shoutout to Douglas Schendel for his effort.


2009 – It was a good performance from the boys on Sunday at the Super Fives. They started well in the first game and stayed competitive in an even match. They had a really good second game, scoring goals and didn’t concede. Their last two games were very competitive and the boys acquitted themselves very well. We had four boys who have hardly played all summer so really pleasing. Young Darryl Templeton was fantastic at the back winning everything, and to cap it all he scored a cracking goal from nearly the halfway line.

Really pleased as we played the games against very good teams.