Clydebank v Auchinleck Talbot

Cumnock Juniors v Auchinleck Talbot

Auchinleck Talbot v Rutherglen Glencairn v


It was déjà vu time for the Talbot support as Talbot won 2-1 with a last minute winner for the 3rd week in succession to claim all 3 points against Rutherglen Glencairn.

The Bot were facing into the gale force wind in the 1st half but it didn’t seem to hinder them early on with the Bot making all the early running.

The first chance came in the 4th minute. Armstrong won the ball midway inside the Glencairn half & fed it down to the left to Boylan. He whipped a low ball across goal which Samson just failed to connect with in front of goal.

The visitors had a chance on the counter-attack in the 9th minute. Talbot failed to make the most of a free kick & Rutherglen broke up field through Leyden who trundled a weak shot on target from outside the area.

A minute later Talbot were back in attack. Boylan’s cutback found Glasgow in the area but he mishit his shot across goal. Stephen Wilson retrieved it & played it back to Lyle whose fierce drive was blocked inside the 6-yard area. It came out to Stephen Wilson who slipped it across to Boylan & his shot produced a top save from McLellan who tipped it over the bar but bizarrely the ref awarded a goal kick.

Talbot had the ball in the back of the net in the 11th minute. Samson squared it to Boylan inside the area & he buried it beyond the keeper but the linesman’s flag went up and the goal didn’t stand.

The Bot kept pressing & forced a decent stop out McLellan on the quarter hour mark. Pope flighted a free kick into the box that Armstrong met and McLellan touched his effort over the bar.

It looked only a matter of time til Talbot made their pressure count but the home support were stunned when Glencairn took the lead against the run of play in the 16th min. McRobbie did well out on the left, holding the ball up before releasing it inside to LEYDEN who charged into the box & blasted a shot inside Leishman’s left post.

Talbot’s heads didn’t go down & they came close to levelling in the 22nd minute. Boylan raced clear on the right & fired it across the face of goal where Samson was inches from connecting.

Glencairn were happy to sit in & Talbot were seeing plenty of the ball but not able to make it count.

With 39 minutes gone Samson had a half chance when he surged down the right into the penalty area but he fired his shot into the side-netting.

The visitors were forced into a change soon after with Kerr being replaced in defence by Chrystal.

Talbot ought to have levelled in the 40th minute. Boylan dinked a cross in from the left that Samson met in front of goal but he headed over the bar from 4 yards out and Glencairn saw the half out to go in a goal ahead.

With the wind in their sails, Talbot pegged Glencairn back right from the start of the 2nd half as they shot toward the Beechwood Road end.

In the 52nd minute McLellan kept Talbot out with a fine save. The Bot won a free kick out on the left when Lachlan obstructed Glasgow. Glasgow took the free kick & it was curling inside the left post until the keeper dived to turn it round the post.
It was now all Talbot but Rutherglen were defending resolutely & frustrating was growing amongst the Bot support.

Eventually, Talbot’s pressure told & they drew level in the 63rd minute. Samson’s shy from the right came into the area where Boylan hooked it across goal & STEPHEN WILSON bundled it home from close range.

This proved to be his last involvement as Tucker made a double switch with Wilson & Glasgow making way for Shankland & Hyslop.

Rutherglen hadn’t offered much going forward but gradually came out their shell & McRobbie forced a save out of Leishman when he angled a shot in from wide on the right that Leishman held at his left post.

In the 69th minute a ball over the top found Weir racing into the penalty area but Lyle recovered to get back & slide it behind for the corner.

Down the other end Talbot forced a series of corners which ended with McLellan dropping the ball under pressure from Hyslop but the referee awarded a soft free kick in favour of the keeper.

Talbot came close to taking the lead in the 74th minute. Armstrong was fouled just outside the area resulting in a free kick wide on the right. Shankland delivered it into the box where Armstrong glanced a header to the back post where Hyslop slid in to meet it but sent his shot wide.

Rutherglen now made two changes with McKay replacing McRobbie & then Gormley coming on for Weir.

With 10 minutes remaining Talbot nearly moved in front. Shankland cut in off the left & his shot was deflected behind. His first corner was headed behind by a defender and his 2nd attempt was curling in under the crossbar until McLellan turned it over.

The visiting keeper came out on top again in the 84th minute. Talbot won a free kick down the left that Pope flighted into the box. McCracken headed it on target & McLellan stretched to tip it over the bar.

Tucker now made his final change with McDowall on for Glasgow.

Just when it looked as though Glencairn were going to cling on for a point Talbot struck late to secure the win. Pope angled a good cross in from the left & KEIR SAMSON did the rest; glancing a header inside the keeper’s left post to put Talbot 2-1 ahead.

Deep into injury time Talbot almost added to their lead. Boylan cut inside off the right & arrowed a shot for the far corner that the impressive McLellan tipped around his right post.

A hard shift but 3 valuable points for Talbot as they keep pace with the Buffs. Next up for Talbot is a Tuesday night visit to Townhead to face a rejuvenated Cumnock.

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Lyle, Pope, McPherson, McCracken, Armstrong, White, Stephen Wilson, Glasgow, Boylan, Samson

Subs – Shankland, McDowall, Hyslop, Aiden Wilson, Young

Rutherglen Glencairn – McLellan, Lachlan, McGregor, Donaldson, Kerr, Hewitt, Mitchell, Leyden, Weir, McGuire, McRobbie

Subs – Gormley, McKay, Chrystal, Cochrane, Wingate

Rossvale v Auchinleck Talbot

EARLY TALBOT GOAL!!! With the game barely aged, up steps ‘Pee-wee’ who heads Talbot in front. 0-1.


Sheer delight is written all over Dwayne’s face, as he celebrates his opening goal.


Stephen Wilson blocks the clearance and wins the ball back.


A frustrated look from Samson after a missed opportunity.


‘Gee’ has a go at goal from distance.


OFF THE WOODWORK!!! ‘Shankers’ comes very close to scoring, as his curling effort careers off the crossbar.


Big Andy hits the deck and bravely makes the save at the feet of the Rossvale striker.


Samson gets his opponent tied up in knots, as he waves his way through the defence.


All roads are blocked for Rossvale, as they are forced to pass the ball backwards.


As Samson races in on goal, the Rossvale ‘keeper makes a reckless challenge on Keir in order to stop the attack.


The Rossvale ‘keeper gets shown a straight red card for his challenge on Samson.


This Rossvale player is all smiles, as he makes the sacrifice to go in between the sticks after his team-mate got sent off.


An acrobatic clearance from the Rossvale defence, as Gormley looks on.


McCracken makes sure he heads the ball clear.


‘Popey’ keeps the attack motoring, as the Talbot bench closely watch.


Kieran Healy coolly flicks the ball forward.


10 MAN ROSSVALE EQUALISE!!! Rossvale level the scoring, as they calmly slot the ball into the back of the net from close range. 1-1.


Mark Shankland brilliantly slots the ball home into the bottom corner of the net but…


…he is left frustrated, as the goal gets disallowed for offside.


‘Shankers’ goes on a brilliant run up the wing and skips past this sliding tackle.


Gordon looks to get the ball back in play, as the Talbot faithful watch the action.


The Rossvale players shout for a foul, as Healy races into the box.


Graham tries to link up with his brother and fires the ball forward.


‘Gee’ vents his anger after missing a great chance to score.


Rossvale are reduced to 9 men after receiving another straight red card.


Graham does his best to keep hold of the ball inside the box.


More red card drama, as Kieran Healy gets shown a straight red card for Talbot and Rossvale are reduced to 8 men as they receive their 3rd straight red card of the game.


Graham’s strike gets blocked on the edge of the box by the Rossvale defence.


Gordon Pope goes for the spectacular but the ball sails over the crossbar.


Craig McCracken finds himself in space and has a go at goal but he gets flagged for offside.


LATE WINNER FOR TALBOT!!! The ball smashes into the back of the net in injury time but was it ‘Gee’, ‘Shankers’ or Boylan that scored it…no, it was none other than Big Neilly!!! 1-2.


The Talbot bench go wild, as they celebrate McPherson’s injury time winner.


With time still left in the game, Glasgow tries to race into the box.



Talbot left it late again but succeeded in claiming all 3 points in an incident packed encounter that saw the referee send off 4 players; with Rossvale finishing the match with 8 men & Talbot reduced to 10.

The Bot got off to the perfect start and took the lead with only 2 minutes gone. Armstrong lifted in a cross that Samson met in the centre & his glancing header was deflected wide of target off a defender. Shankland lifted the corner over & DWAYNE HYSLOP met it to nod Talbot into the lead.

The home side weren’t discouraged & Rossvale had a chance to test the Talbot defence in the 4th minute when McCracken conceded a free kick out on the right. It was angled in toward the far post where Hyslop did enough to glance it behind for the corner. When the corner came over it came to Higgins beyond the back post & and he fired a volley on target that Leishman blocked at his left post.
Talbot now raced onto the counter-attack with Shankland releasing Stephen Wilson & he in turn swiftly switched play to free Samson down the left. He drilled a low ball across the face of goal but it was just behind Graham Wilson in the centre & Niven swept it out for a shy.

Talbot were soon back on the attack & Stephen Wilson did well to win the ball deep in Rosssvale’s half before drilling a low ball across the face of goal but there were no takers in the centre.

The next chance also came Talbot’s way. Pope’s ball over the top found Graham Wilson pacing clear down the left & Healy met his cross beyond the far post but blasted it high & wide from a tight angle.

Samson missed a glorious chance to double Talbot’s lead in the 10th minute when he raced clear of the defence into the box but fired his shot straight at the keeper.

Rossvale showed their own attacking intent two minutes later. A diagonal ball released Leadbetter down the left & he skipped past Armstrong before firing a ball across goal that Leishman tipped away to safety.

Talbot were soon back on the front foot & came close to moving two clear in the 16th minute. Graham Wilson slid a pass through to send Samson through on the keeper & he attempted to pass it under Donnelly but it caught the keeper’s heels.

Within a minute Talbot hit the woodwork when Shankland jinked in off the left & curled a right foot shot off the face of the crossbar.

The first of the afternoon’s dismissals came after 27 minutes. Graham Wilson played it early to release Samson down the right & as he raced toward the penalty area he was tripped by Donnelly who had raced out his area. The referee had no choice but to send the keeper packing & Higgins took over in between the sticks.

Strangely, the red card seemed to knock Talbot out their rhythm & it took until the 36th minute before they tested the makeshift keeper. Shankland stepped in off the left & fired a low shot on target that Johnstone parried & he just managed to gather at 2nd attempt before Samson could prod it home.

Rossvale levelled in the 39th minute. McCracken was beaten to the ball outside the box by McNab who broke down the right before cutting it across goal where MGONIGLE knocked it past Leishman.

Two minutes later Talbot thought they’d restored their lead. Hyslop played it into Graham Wilson & he in turn found Shankland on the left of the area. He passed it into the opposite bottom corner of the net but the goal was chalked off by a debatable call from the assistant ref.

In the final action of the half Rossvale conceded a cheap corner down the left. Shankland curled it beyond the far post where Pope headed it back across goal but Graham Wilson couldn’t keep his header down & so the sides went in level at the break.

Talbot started the 2nd half positively up to a point; that point being the final third. Rossvale were pinned back deep in their own half but Talbot failed to find the necessary quality in their final pass or crosses to test the keeper.

The Bot did have a clear chance to regain the lead in the 58th minute. Pope angled a cross to the back post where Hyslop cushioned a header back across goal that Graham Wilson met 6 yards out but he blasted his shot over the bar.

In the 62nd minute Rossvale found themselves two men down. Johnstone slid in late on Hyslop. It looked like a caution would suffice but the ref went straight to the top pocket and sent him off.

The game exploded in the 67th minute with both sides seeing a player sent to the clubhouse. McGonigle was guilty of a shocking challenge on Healy who then lashed out in retaliation & off they both went.

Down to 8 men Rossvale were left with little option but to pack their defence & McNab was sacrificed to make way for Alexander.

The game re-started with a Bot free kick which Shankland shoved wide of the wall into the path of Graham Wilson. He crosssed it to the far post where Hyslop headed it back across goal & Shankland fired a shot at goal that was blocked in the crowded goalmouth.

Talbot seemed to have left the shooting boots at home. In the 72nd minute Samson raced up the right & swept over a cross that Hyslop headed down into the path of Shankland but he tugged his shot wide of target from the edge of the area.

Two minutes later Talbot had a penalty shout. Pope fired a ball across goal where Graham Wilson went over in the centre. The ref waved play on & it came to Shankland who blasted it into the side-netting from a tight angle.

Tucker now made a double switch with Shankland & Samson making way for Boylan & Glasgow.

In the 76th minute Graham Wilson had a half chance when he found himself in space 18 yards out but failed to test Higgins who stopped his shot with his outstretched foot.

The match officials took centre stage again in the 78th minute. Armstrong pinged over a cross from the right that Boylan met with his head. Higgins threw himself to his right to claw the ball away with Talbot claiming the ball was well over the line before Higgins scooped it back out but the referee dismissed Talbot’s appeals for the goal.

Talbot were camped out about midway inside the Rossvale half but the longer the game wore on the less likely it looked that they’d manage to find a winner; with crosses either being over hit or not beating the first man & shots either being blocked by a wall of defenders or sailing harmlessly high or wide.

Just when it looked as though Talbot had run out of steam the Bot grabbed a late winner from an unlikely source. NEIL MCPHERSON steered a left foot shot from the edge of the area that came through a ruck of players & into the back of the net.

It wasn’t over yet though & Talbot had one last bit of defending to do deep into injury time. The referee awarded a dubious offside call against Graham Wilson just inside the Rossvale half allowing them one final chance. The free kick was floated straight down the centre where Niven glanced a header on that was floating toward the top right hand corner until Leishman touched it over to ensure Talbot left with all 3 points.

A frustrating afternoon for Talbot who made heavy work of it for spells in the 2nd half but will be relieved to have ground out a valuable away win. Next up for Talbot it’s back to Beechwood where they host Rutherglen Glencairn in the league.

Rossvale Juniors – Donnelly, McDowall, Leadbetter, Niven, Bradley, McGrath, Higgins, Johnstone, McNab, Slattery, McGonigle

Subs – O’Sullivan, Giffin, Alexander, Biggar, Brennan

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Armstrong, Pope, McPherson, McCracken, Healy, Hyslop, Stephen Wilson, Graham Wilson, Samson, Shankland

Subs – Boylan, Glasgow, White, A Wilson, Young

Read more:

Auchinleck Talbot v Benburb

‘Big Andy’ takes in the pre-kick off coin toss, as he steps into the Captain’s role for the day.


Out on the wing, ‘Shankers’ fires the ball back up the park for Talbot.


TALBOT TAKE THE LEAD!!! Talbot open the scoring via a low awkward header by Samson, as he sends the ball towards…


…an open goal, left vacant by the Benburb ‘keeper. 1-0.


Keir races away to celebrate, as the Benburb players vent their frustration.


Samson puts the head down and shifts himself into top gear, as he takes on the opposition defence.


The ‘keeper stands his ground, as Stephen Wilson keeps hold of the ball inside the box.


Mark Shankland goes chasing after the ball.


PENALTY TO TALBOT!!! Mark gets set-up to take the penalty, while the Benburb players argue their case to the referee.


Talbot double their lead from the spot, as ‘Shankers’ fires the ball home. 2-0.


The Benburb players try to sort things out after losing two early goals.


The two benches look on, as ‘Gee’ manages to keep the ball in play…just.


Aiden Wilson gathers the ball and goes on a run up the park.


Stephen Wilson does his best to block the pass.


Armstrong goes on a brilliant run from deep inside his own half.


Samson tries to muscle his way in between the defenders.


Benburb get their wall set-up after Talbot get awarded a free-kick.


A break in the game allows Mark and Craig time to discuss tactics…or what they want at the bar after the game.


An aerial battle for Mark, as he aims to win the ball back for Talbot.


An early second-half chance for Samson but he puts the ball agonisingly wide of the goal.


THREE-SY FOR TALBOT!!! From the narrowest of angles, ‘Pee-wee’ manages to squeeze the ball home with a very close range header. 3-0.


Aiden congratulates Dwayne for his goal, while the Benburb players claim the ball was already out the park during the build up.


All eyes on the ball for Dwayne in order to stop this Benburb attack.


Gareth tries his hand at hurdles, as he tries to skip past his opponent.


Stephen Wilson races down the park, sees the space and threads the ball through the gap.


Obviously Keir finds something funny here while waiting for the corner kick to be taken.


Bryan Boylan does his best to navigate through the Benburb defence.


McCracken tries to sneak in at the near post but Benburb manage to clear the danger just in time.


FOUR-SOME FROM TALBOT!!! Although surrounded, Keir Samson still manages to fire the ball into the back of the net from inside the box. 4-0.


A celebratory pose from Samson, as he laps up the praise after netting his second of the game.


Keir tries his luck but his shot gets blocked by the defender.


FIVE STAR TALBOT!!! Samson seals his hat-trick by slotting the ball past the ‘keeper and into the bottom corner of the net. 5-0.


Keir races away to celebrate scoring Talbot’s fifth and netting his hat-trick.


It’s ‘copy cat’ stuff from ‘Shankers’ and the referee, as they both point out where McCracken got injured in a late challenge in the game.


The referee winces, as he watches Craig receiving treatment for a badly cut lip/mouth.


Talbot continued with their assault on the league leaders with an emphatic 5-0 win over league strugglers Benburb.

They went 2-0 ahead in the opening five minutes when poor defending gave Gareth Armstrong to pick out Kier Samson who glanced a header into an empty net.

A few minutes later Mark Shankland increased the lead when he scored from the spot. Talbot continued to dominate and some stout defending and a goalkeeping display of the highest order kept Talbot at bay

In the second half it was business as usual as Talbot went on the hunt for more goals. Their third one came from the head of Dwayne Hyslop, and then a brace by Kier Samson who was a constant thorn in the Benburb defence.

Kier had the honour of scoring Talbot’s 100th competitive goal this season and going by Talbot’s recent expoits, its not to say we could score another 100. However next league match is away to Rossvale.

Auchinleck Talbot v Beith Juniors


Stephen Wilson gets bundled over inside the box. Possible penalty for Talbot?


‘Big Sean’ out jumps all the Talbot players and heads the ball on.


The linesman flags Talbot for offside and then takes some ‘finger-wagging’ slaggings from the Talbot faithful.


Gareth Armstrong tries his best win back the ball.


Samson fires in a brilliant cross into the box but ‘Gee’ can only slide in and fire the ball over the bar.


Beith win a free-kick and then, vent their frustration at the referee.


Byan Boylan looks back at a missed opportunity, while Beith question what went wrong.


Bryan races into the box and tries to beat the defenders but…


…he can’t beat the Beith ‘keeper, who makes a brave save at Bryan’s feet.


Keir Samson has a go at goal from very close range but gets flagged for offside by the linesman.


Samson tries his best with an awkward strike from just inside the box.


The Talbot wall does it’s job and blocks Beith’s free-kick.


Graham goes for the spectacular from distance but fails to hit the target.


DEADLOCK BROKEN!!! Samson races away to celebrate opening the scoring for Talbot. 1-0.


‘Big Neilly’ and co race to congratulate Keir for putting Talbot into the lead.


TALBOT DOUBLE THEIR LEAD!!! Graham fires home Talbot’s second after executing a very clever free-kick move with ‘Shankers’. 2-0.


‘Gee’ roars with delight, as he celebrates netting Talbot’s second goal.


Mark Shankland finds space at the back post, fires home a ferocious shot but…


…the ball hits off the ‘keeper and can only trickle along the goal-line, where ‘Gee’ then races in to make sure the ball ends up in the back of the net. 3-0.


At least Mark could see the funny side of Graham ‘nicking’ his goal.


Graham and ex-Talbot player Kier Milliken, manage to find time to share a joke during the game.


With every Talbot fan willing ‘Whitey’ to score, he fails to hit the target and can only drag the ball harmlessly back across the face of goal.


HAT-TRICK FOR ‘GEE’!!! Graham finishes the game’s scoring and also completes his hat-trick, as he easily strokes the ball home very close range. 4-0.


Graham gets congratulated by his team-mates after scoring Talbot’s fourth.



A 2nd half surge saw Talbot race through the gears & put Beith to the sword as the Bot started the new year in style with a 4-0 win.

The first purposeful attack of the match saw Stephen Wilson play a one-two with Boylan outside the area & attempt to run onto the return pass. He tumbled over in the area but the ref waved away his appeal.

The opening spell was highly competitive but neither side had anything to show for it other than an exchange of corners.

It looked like Graham Wilson had got in behind Beith’s defence in the 14th minute when he raced onto Samson’s pass but a marginal offside call went against him.

The Bot threatened Beith’s goal in the 19th minute. Sheridan was penalised for barging over Graham Wilson 35 yards out & Stephen Wilson swept in a good free kick to the back past. Beith couldn’t properly clear it & it came to Lyle on the touchline. Graham Wilson met his cross & looped a header beyond the far post where Samson dinked it back into play before it was bundled behind for a corner.

In the 22nd minute both sides came close in quick succession. Firstly, Christie slid a pass through toward McKenzie that forced Leishman off his line to smother at the striker’s feet. Leishman then launched a counterattack when he hurled the ball out to the right to find Samson racing away. He sped down the touchline before firing a cross beyond Sheridan that Graham Wilson met on the stretch 6 yards out but he couldn’t keep his shot down.

Two minutes later Talbot had a lucky escape. Ramsay squared the ball to Wilson just outside the penalty area and his shot was travelling on target before taking a major deflection & speeding just wide of the left post.

The first booking of the afternoon came in the 29th minute when Graham Wilson cut inside Wilson who obstructed him resulting in a caution for Beith’s midfielder & a Bot freekick 20 yards out that Talbot failed to make the most of.

Graham Wilson came close to breaking the deadlock when he met Aiden Wilson’s cross but glanced his header wide of the left post and a minute later he was inches from connecting with Boylan’s low ball in from the left at the near post.

Talbot’s next effort came in the 35th minute. Beith failed to deal with Samson’s long throw & the ball broke to Boylan 20 yards out & he stroked a shot narrowly past Grindlay’s right post.

Boylan was soon involved again. He raced onto a ball over the top & burst into the area only to take a heavy touch & was forced wide by Grindlay. He retrieved the ball at the byline and cut back in field before trying a shot from a tight angle that was blocked.

With 40 mins gone Boylan had his name taken for a late challenge on Ramsay.

In the closing minutes of the half the visitors were forced into a change when Sheridan limped off to be replaced by McMahon and that was it for a keenly contested 1st half.

The 2nd half was only 6 minutes old when Talbot made the crucial breakthrough. Stephen Wilson ploughed past a couple of weak challenges down the left. It fell to Boylan inside the area & he pulled it back & across to KEIR SAMSON who stroked it past Grindlay from 15 yards.

The goal galvanised Talbot who began to push Beith back in search of a second.

Beith made a 2nd change, in the 59th minute, when McLean replaced McKenzie.

Talbot made their first change in the 64th minute with Shankland coming on for Boylan and Beith soon completed their changes with Prior replacing Ramsay.

The next goal was going to be pivotal & it went Talbot’s way in the 71st minute. McCracken was caught as he burst forward resulting in a free kick 30 yards out. With everyone anticipating a direct shot, Shankland instead slid a pass wide of the wall to GRAHAM WILSON & he steered a left foot shot across Grindlay to make it 2-0.

With quarter of an hour remaining Talbot nearly added a third. Aiden Wilson carried out of defence before finding Graham Wilson in the centre of the pitch. He hooked it over his shoulder to release Samson who outpaced the defence but was unable to beat Grindlay who raced off his line to make the block.

Tucker now made a further change with Healy on for Samson & the switch paid off as Talbot extended their lead in the 76th minute.

Shankland lifted a cross over from the right that was retrieved on the far side by Healy. He whipped it back over where Shankland met it on the volley & his shot back across goal squirmed past Grindlay & GRAHAM WILSON followed up to rifle it home from close range.

With 10 minutes remaining Talbot made their final change when Lyle was forced off injured to be replaced by White.

Talbot were sitting comfortably & looking to add to their tally which they nearly did in the 82nd minute. Docherty swept the legs from Shankland resulting in a free kick out on the right. Shankland delivered the free kick across the face of goal where Graham Wilson just failed to connect with his head.

Five minutes from time & Talbot cut open the Beith defence again. Shankland gathered on the left & played a great ball across to find White free on the right of the area; however he didn’t catch his strike cleanly & McGlinchey cleared from the goalmouth.

The goal wasn’t long delayed though & a minute later Talbot completed the scoring. Shankland cut in off the left & swept over a cross. Two Beith defenders went for it & only succeeded in getting each other’s way as they knocked it straight to GRAHAM WILSON who tucked it home from close range to complete Beith’s misery & his own hat-trick.

Another excellent home win for the Bot who are back on cup duty next Saturday as they travel through to Kilwinning to face the Buffs in the West.

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Lyle, Aiden Wilson, McPherson, McCracken, Armstrong, Hyslop, Stephen Wilson, Graham Wilson, Boylan, Samson

Subs – Shankland, McDowall, Healy, Pope, White

Beith Juniors – Grindlay, McGlinchey, Milliken, Docherty, Sheridan, Wilson, Christie, Frize, McIlroy, McKenzie, Ramsay

Subs – Noble, McLean, McMahon, Prior, Zaliska

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Auchinleck Talbot

Auchinleck Talbot v Kilbirnie Ladeside


The Bot fans got an early Christmas present as Talbot brushed aside Ladeside to narrow the gap at the top.

The visitors made the brighter opening but had nothing to show for it but for a long range McGuinness effort straight at Leishman within the opening minute and Talbot showed them the way to goal when they took the lead in the 13th minute.

Graham Wilson surged through midfield before sending it right to STEPHEN WILSON who knocked it round Mitchell, gathered it on the other side & slotted a low shot past Hughes inside the right post.

Minutes later C Hughes came to the Blasties rescue. Shankland’s reverse ball sent Glasgow through & he drilled it across goal where Hughes stretched to turn it behind.

Talbot came close to doubling their lead in the 24th minute. Hyslop won a 50/50 & knocked it on to Glasgow who raced clear of the defence before firing a shot just wide of the right post.

A minute later the Blasties threatened at the other end. Mitchell cut in past Stephen Wilson & prodded a shot straight at Leishman from the edge of the area.

Kilbirnie gave Talbot a scare when they won a free kick out on the stand side. It was angled deep beyond the far post where Mitchell climbed to head it back across goal & it had to be cleared behind for the corner.

A swift passing move by Talbot saw the Bot work the ball down the right between Glasgow & Stephen Wilson before it was laid back to Lyle. He slung a high cross beyond the far post where Shankland volleyed off target.

The next goal was going to be crucial & it went Talbot’s way in the 41st minute. Glasgow’s cross field ball floated over O’Byrne & was gathered by Shankland on the left of the area. He promptly squared it for GRAHAM WILSON to side-foot it home from 12 yards to put Talbot 2 goals ahead.

Kilbirnie pressed hard to try & grab a goal back & McGuinness blasted a shot at goal from 30 yards that was blocked en route to target. It fell to Mitchell on the left & he lobbed over a cross that Leishman couldn’t take under the challenge of Dickie but he recovered swiftly to smother the ball & Talbot went in 2-0 ahead at the interval.

Talbot made a change during the break with Healy replacing Shankland.

The game could have been done & dusted 4 minutes into the 2nd half. McPherson pinged a ball out from the back to find Graham Wilson & he switched it into the path of Glasgow who burst into the area but he slid his shot just past the right post.

Two minutes later the Bot came close again. Healy found Stephen Wilson speeding clear down the right & he hammered a shot over the bar.

The visitors now made a change with McLaren replacing Muir.

Against the run of play the Blasties pulled a goal back after 57 mins. Slack defending allowed MITCHELL the chance to stab a shot at goal that came off the foot of the post & he followed up to slam home the rebound.

Talbot responded in the best way, regaining their two goal cushion within a minute. Stephen Wilson whipped over a dangerous cross that flew across the face of goal. Healy retrieved it at the by line & floated a cross onto the head of DWAYNE HYLSOP who nodded home from close range.

On the hour mark Talbot turned defence into attack. Leishman easily gathered a Ladeside corner before bowling the ball out to McCracken. He carried it up the right before switching play to Graham Wilson on the opposite wing. He tried to square it across to McCracken who’d continued his run into the area but it was cut out.

With 20 minutes remaining Tucker made a double switch with Graham Wilson & Glasgow making way for Samson & Boylan.

Samson was involved not long after joining the fray. Stephen Wilson’s persistence paid off when he robbed C Hughes & knocked it out to Samson. He cut inside onto his left foot & angled a shot across the keeper & wide of the far post.
It was game over in the 77th minute when O’BYRNE met a cross from the right & shanked his clearance over his keeper and into his own net to make it 4-1.

The dust hadn’t settled before Talbot grabbed their fifth. Hughes took fractionally too long dealing with a back pass & was closed down by BRYAN BOYLAN who blocked his clearance & rolled it into the empty net.

With six minutes remaining Kilbirnie snatched a late consolation effort. Mitchell looked to be caught as he nicked inside Armstrong & Talbot stopped as though expecting a free kick. MITCHELL played on & let fly from 20 yards & his shot skimmed off the surface & bobbled over Leishman’s outstretched arm to complete the scoring.

Another good home win for the Bot who are back on their travels next Saturday when they visit Cumbernauld to face Rob Roy.

Auchinleck Talbot – Leishman, Lyle, Aiden Wilson, McPherson, McCracken, Armstrong, Hyslop, Stephen Wilson, Graham Wilson, Glasgow, Shankland

Subs – Boylan, Samson, Healy, White, Young

Kilbirnie Ladeside – K Hughes, Woods, Mitchell, C Hughes, O’Byrne, McGuinness, Finlay, Muir, Craig, Dickie, Ramsay

Subs – McVey, Longworth, Scullion, McLaren, Wilton (gk)


‘Gee’ roars in frustration, as he fails to get on the end of a great pass inside the box.


Stephen Wilson very cleverly tricks his opponent and skips past him where he then…


…fires Talbot into the lead, as he slots the ball home from a difficult angle. 1-0.


As the ball rests in the goal, Stephen wheels away to celebrate netting the opener.


The Talbot bench watch, while Stephen Wilson tries his luck from outside the box.


Jamie Glasgow goes for the spectacular but fails to hit the target.


A midfield tussle for ‘Pee-wee’, as he tries to keep the attack motoring.


Another audacious chance for Jamie from outside the box but…


…he can only look to the gods, as his shot goes close but not close enough.


A battle for the ball for Glasgow inside the Kilbirnie box.


TALBOT DOUBLE THIER LEAD!!! Not to be outdone by his brother, Graham Wilson pounces onto a ‘Shanker’s’ cross and prods the ball home. 2-0.


Graham and Mark celebrate after helping Talbot extend their lead.


‘Big Niely’ and Wullie Lyle make sure their is no way through for Kilbirnie.


Talbot come VERY close to making it three, as Jamie Glasgow fires the ball agonisingly wide of the far post.


From inside the box, Stephen Wilson pounces but can only fire the ball wide.


Jamie tries his luck with an awkward strike but to no avail.


At least he can still smile about his effort on goal tho.


Kieran Healy does his best to block this Kilbirnie pass.


BLASTIES BLAST BACK!!! After initially hitting the woodwork, Kilbirnie react the quickest and fire the ball past ‘Big Andy’. 2-1.


Within a blink of an eye, Talbot score again, as the team celebrates Dwayne’s goal. 3-1.


Talbot go very close again to scoring but Samson can only watch his strike go wide of the goal.


OWN GOAL!!! The Kilbirnie ‘keeper closes his eyes, as he can’t watch the ball fly over his head and into the net via a sliced clearance from his team-mate. 4-1.


It may have been an own goal but Samson gets congratulated by his team-mates for the initial cross.


After nicking the ball off the ‘keeper, Boylan slots the ball home into an empty net. 5-1.


The ‘Bot fans lap up the five star performance from Talbot, as Bryan wheels away to celebrate his goal.


Well Kieran certainly got a lift after Bryan’s goal.


The players continue to celebrate Boylan’s goal.


Aiden Wilson takes a sore one in this challenge.


A late consolation goal for the Blasties, as the ball some how evades Andy and ends up in the back of the net. 5-2.


Kilbirnie try to clear their lines but are put under pressure from Aiden Wilson.


Troon FC v Auchinleck Talbot

Stephen Wilson tries to muscle his way down the wing.


Everybody in the ‘line’ tries to get a good view of Gareth doing his best to win the ball back.


He certainly looks shocked with whatever is being said to him here!


Troon manage to find a gap within the Talbot wall but still fail to find the net.


It’s a hard fought battle here to win back the ball.


‘Shankers’ goes for the spectacular from the edge of the box but fails to open the scoring.


El Capitano, Wullie Lyle, looks to get another attack started.


DEADLOCK BROKEN!!! A glancing header from Gareth Armstrong sends the ball into the back of the net and puts Talbot into the lead. 0-1.


Troon vent their frustration, while Mark congratulates Gareth on his opening goal.


TALBOT DOUBLE THEIR LEAD!!! Stephen Wilson gets onto the end of a long pass and prods the ball into the bottom corner of the net. 0-2.


It’s happy smiles all round after Stephen nets Talbot’s second.


A goal always gives the team ‘a lift’……eh Mark?


Jamie Glasgow makes sure he keeps hold of the ball.


Talbot really should have had a third here, as McCracken agonisingly misses connecting with the ball right in front of the goal.


It may have been brass monkeys but this Talbot fan was still showing off his cheeky monkey smile!


Auchinleck Talbot v Kilwinning Rangers


Boylan chases down the ball, as he competes against his former club.


The buffs clear their lines, even though ‘Gee’ does his best to stop them.


1-0 TALBOT!!! Inside the box, Graham Wilson unleashes a hard struck shot towards goal and…


…fires the ball past the Buff’s ‘keeper, who is rooted to the spot.


Graham is all smiles after netting the opener for Talbot.


The defenders stand their ground but ‘Gee’ makes sure he keeps hold of the ball.


Kilwinning have the ball but ‘Shankers’ makes sure he puts the pressure on.


While trying to run up the wing, Mark gets stopped in his tracks by a sliding tackle.


‘Pee-wee’ does his best to meet the threaded pass just outside the box.


Bryan – I don’t think the referee wants to see your best menacing stare.


IT’S ALL LEVEL!!! The Buff’s equalise via a stunning free-kick from the edge of the box from Carlo Monti. 1-1.


Although under pressure, Mark Shankland goes on a blistering run down the middle of the park, which eventually leads to…


…him coolly slotting the ball past the ‘keeper and restoring Talbot’s lead. 2-1.


Mark races away to celebrate, while Kilwinning plead their case for offside.


I think a certain Talbot LEGEND in the crowd enjoyed ‘Shankers’ goal.


THREE FOR TALBOT!!! After some ‘pinball’ inside the box the ball finally falls to Graham who calmly fires the ball into the bottom corner of the net. 3-1.


It’s great to see ‘Gee’ back to his goal scoring ways, as he celebrates scoring his second with his brother, Stephen.


WHAT A FOUR-SE TALBOT ARE!!! With acres of space inside the box, Dwayne Hyslop buries the ball into the back of the net via a brilliant header. 4-1.


Graham Wilson gets deemed to have been fouled inside the box and Talbot get awarded a penalty.


After giving away a penalty, Michael Hewitt goes for an early bath, as he got shown a red card for his foul.


The Talbot bench look on, as ‘Gee’ seals his hat-trick from the spot and increases the ‘Bot’s lead. 5-1.